What are the top reasons to choose pre-fabricated metal buildings? If you have any familiarity with pre-engineered steel for buildings, the question may have crossed your mind of whether or not this type of construction is truly advantageous, and if so, for what. You may or may not have had some experience with pre-engineered construction already, but we can offer a closer look that will allow you to observe all that a steel structure can do for your business, your home, or your community.
Metal has become a very commonly used construction material. Pre-engineered steel building is exploding in popularity, and structures of pre-fabricated metal seem to pop up overnight in businesses, communities, and nearly anywhere. But is steel construction a good option for you if you are considering a building project? What if you need a large commercial building? What if you’re looking to build a custom home? Are there reasons to choose metal for all of these contexts? What makes steel a better construction material?
Reasons to Choose Metal for Building
You may have noticed, but steel construction has grown in popularity and widespread use throughout the years. It commonly makes its appearance in industrial settings, commercial buildings, storage and recreational spaces, and even for residential use. You may be curious what makes pre-manufactured steel a great choice for construction in all of these contexts. Perhaps you haven’t yet considered the reasons why steel construction like this may be a great option for your own purposes as well. We can show you a few reasons you may want steel for your project, and how you can save money finding the material you need to build.
Image Building Systems has worked with clients throughout Arizona on a wide variety of projects. We have seen many of the ways pre-fabricated metal for construction can be put to use, and have talked with clients, communities, and builders about why they love working with steel. We have found countless reasons to love metal, but if we were to narrow down the list to the top 10, these are the 10 reasons to choose metal that we would list.
If you are considering steel for your next construction project, take a look at this list of 10 steel construction advantages. You may find that steel has the features you are looking for in an ideal construction material. We have seen steel grow rapidly in popularity and contexts for use, and we believe it can be put to use for just about anything. Not only that, we believe it is a better material for building in just about any case, and we can’t recommend it enough!
Top 10 Steel Construction Advantages
So just what are the top 10 steel construction advantages that make building with metal such a great choice? Metal is cheaper than other construction materials for a number of reasons, offering greater design flexibility both in terms of visual appearance and building functionality. Here are the top steel building benefits we have seen described in greater detail:
- SAVE MONEY! Steel is the least expensive material of all of the available construction materials. It is lightweight and easy to transport and widely available, which contributes to its cost-effectiveness and advantages in terms of expense.
- Steel is more impervious to all forms of weather elements and is fire resistant. Building with steel is one of the safest building options you can find, and it will withstand all elements, and significantly more pressure than other forms of construction.
- Compared to other building construction, pre-engineered steel buildings will be up to 30% less to insure. This follows seeing that steel buildings are strong, fire resistant, long-lasting, and incredibly safe. They are a significantly reduced liability.
- Pre-engineered steel buildings are considered to be lifetime buildings. Pre-engineered steel buildings provide very low maintenance and upkeep. This saves you even more money, time, and effort in the long run, which is a great advantage taking into account that the cost of material and labor up-front is also very low.
- The power of steel makes it the ideal material for buildings requiring large open floor spaces such as arenas of all types, community centers, manufacturing and religious facilities. You can build just about any enclosed space you could need, and you don’t need to worry about structure stability with the incredible strength and safety of pre-engineered steel.
- Steel buildings can have a clear span of 300’ wide. This gives the designer and builder an enormous space that is column free and adds the ability to satisfy complicated space designs while maintaining an unencumbered floor area.
- Easier and quicker to construct than most construction systems, the pre-engineered steel building is less labor intensive, saving money and loss of valuable occupancy time. Your buildings can also be ready on your tight timeframes if needed, which can make starting a new business or constructing an essential building very quickly much more manageable for you.
- One of the most significant benefits is that the design of your building is engineered to your local code requirements meeting the local environmental needs. Steel buildings are totally recyclable, and they cut down on energy use, further reducing your long-term costs to operate the building! What’s not to love?
- Steel Buildings are a pre-fabricated original product that is engineered to meet your particular design, unique exterior colors, needs and wants. Your building is pre-punched, precut, pre-drilled, pre-welded, pre-fitted and prepared to be assembled upon arrival to your location. This means that construction labor and time are a breeze, so you don’t have to wait forever on a construction project that just crawls along.
- Selecting one of the many exterior options will make the exterior of your building look like stone, brick or stucco. You are only limited by your imagination. Call Image Building Systems today and let us get you started on your building project 602-216-3706.
There are other reasons to choose metal buildings besides these, and we have heard many of our clients including these ten most common ones. With the rising importance of sustainability in construction and everywhere else in life, having a sustainable structure of your own gives you a great advantage. You can cut down your costs in energy at the same time as lightening your conscience and avoiding many of the complications traditionally constructed buildings and facilities can encounter which are less sustainable and simple.
With the development of steel construction over the years, there is a wide variety of possibilities in not only building function, but also the visual appearance and aesthetic of your building. This is great news, since the appearance of buildings can make a bigger difference than ever in today’s architecture! There are so many options in visual design, and having a building material that does not limit these options gives you the upper hand when it comes to visual design as well.
Were you worried that steel might not give you the aesthetic you were looking for? That it might be flimsy and unable to hold up under the harsh weather you experience in your climate? That it might take too long or cost too much to construct for your project? That it would be heavy and cumbersome to build? Fear no more, you have no limitations when it comes to steel construction. We can build stronger, more affordable, more versatile structures in a faster timeframe. We can also design any aesthetic you have in mind, and customize your building to fit your functional and visual needs in any context.
Putting the Top Steel Building Benefits to Use
It’s time to hire a steel construction contractor for your next project! You can’t go wrong with a pre-engineered steel structure, and after seeing all the benefits metal for construction can offer you, you have every reason to invest in this great option today. Our team is here and ready to design and build a steel structure we know you’ll love and benefit from for years and years to come. Make an investment in steel construction today, we know you’ll never go back to traditional construction once you experience the difference for yourself.
Ready to start building your own steel structures and put the top steel building benefits to use for your own purposes? Image Building Systems is a favorite steel contractor in the southwest, and we would love to help you on your pre-engineered metal construction journey. Contact us and find out why our company is the most trusted. We have a great, experienced team and first-rate work that you can see in all our past work. Let’s connect today start building something together!
Whether you’re building a commercial establishment, an industrial facility, a manufacturing plant, a recreational institution, an agricultural structure, or a residential building, you want a solid foundation you can rely on. We have you covered, and the affordable, energy-saving, cost-effective, construction we do takes less time and is durable, giving you a structure you can trust and use for just about any purpose. Talk to Image Building Systems today, let us show you how pre-manufactured construction with metal can be the perfect fit for your construction needs.