For years building owners, designers, architects, and general contractors have opted for metal in commercial construction projects over other materials for its energy efficiency, low maintenance, and durability. Increasingly, however, metal’s other key attributes—its striking beauty, clean look, and versatility in both new and retrofit construction—are helping to firmly establish metal as the material of choice for institutional, commercial and education building projects.
Although it plays a key role in setting industry-wide trends in sustainability and green design, metal also holds advantages over other materials in addressing day-to-day concerns. For example, metal walls can help you save on cost, or can be custom-engineered to bring you quickly up to speed on code requirements. Plus, metal products are flexible—a must for designing tight or complex spaces—an array of metal types are available, both coated and uncoated. With metal, building design options are endless.
Learn more about the benefits of building with metal:
- New or Retrofit
- Diverse Choices
Metal building materials offer many cost-saving benefits, including:
- Better life cycle return-on-investment than other materials: today’s metal construction products are protected by highly durable paints and coatings that can ensure a service life of 40 years or more
- Lower maintenance costs
- Contributes to tax benefits
- Can be designed to withstand severe acts of nature
- Decreased heating and cooling expenses
- Saves time on installation.
Ready to save on building cost? Turn to metal.